Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Ma's Notes

Good morning everyone.  Today I have a simple yet pretty project to share with you.  I purchased this cute notepad at Michaels in the Dollar Bin.  It was cute but I knew that I could make it cuter!!

I decided that I would make this for my grandmother.  Her favorite color is pink so I knew that I had to go "very pink". 

To begin, I pulled out my Cotton Candy Stickles and "blinged" it up!  I applied Stickles around every cut-out on the notepad.


Next, I applied some really pretty pink lace along the left edge of the notepad, colored some Kaiser pearls with a pink Copic marker and applied them.  To personalize this, I used my JustRite Curlz Font along with a border from the JustRite Joyful Hearts set, colored with Copics, and diecut with Spellbinders Ovals and Scallop Ovals Nestabilities.

I think this came out really cute and and it was really inexpensive to create.  I'm sure that my grandmother is going to love it!!

Thanks for stopping in for a visit today.  Have a wonderful day!!

Supplies:

Stamps JustRite Stampers - Curlz Font Ensemble, Joyful Hearts Borders and Centers

Ink:  Memento Bamboo Leaves, Memento Rich Cocoa, Copic Markers (Y06, RV06)

Accessories:  Spellbinders Classic Ovals & Scallop Ovals Nestabilities, Kaiser pearls, Cotton Candy Stickles, lace

2 comments:

craftymom205 said...

Love it. I love the dollar bins at Michaels.

Marge said...

Wow, Angela, you took that notepad from pretty to WAAAY pretty & personalized too -- AWESOME!!! I'm sure she'll love it!!!