Sunday, May 9, 2010

CPS Sketch Challenge 166

Happy Mother's Day to everyone!!  I hope everyone has big plans for today.  We are having everyone over to our house for a cook-out.  I'm thinking that it might be a "cook in" because it is going to be windy & chilly.  Oh, well it will still be nice to have everyone here.


Today I am playing along with the CPS Sketch Challenge sponsored by JustRite Stampers.  I needed one more Mother's Day card for my mother in law and this sketch worked out well for that.
I used JustRite Curlz Font ensemble to create  "MuM" and a border from one of the new sets just released called "Applique".  I double inked the images (Memento Rich Cocoa for the center and Memento Bamboo Leaves for the border).  Then I colored the border with Copics, diecut with Spellbinders Labels One and then edged with Copic.
To create my flower, I cut several different sizes of flowers using my Cricut Expression along with the Walk In My Garden Cartridge and layered them together with pop dots.  Then I used the Curlz Font ensemble again to create my sentiment "Happy Mother's Day".  Next I diecut it with Spellbinders Pinking Circles and edged it with a Copic.
To create the arrow from the sketch, I applied Kaiser pearls.

Thanks for stopping in for a visit today.  I hope everyone has a great Mother's Day and enjoys time spent with your moms.

Supplies:

Stamps:  JustRite Stampers - Applique Borders and Centers, Curlz Font Ensemble

Paper:  Core'dinations, DCWV Flower Shower Stack

Ink:  Memento Bamboo Leaves, Memento Rich Cocoa, Copic Markers (Y0000, Y17, YR02, RV32, YR16, Y06, G24, R32)

Accessories:  Spellbinders Pinking Circles, Spellbinders Labels One, Cricut Expression, Walk In My Garden cartridge,  Kaiser pearls

8 comments:

Marge said...

Happy Mother's Day, Angela! I know your MIL will love her pretty card!!!

Lea L. said...

This is so bright and cheery! I love the wonderful colors! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

♥♥♥Lea

Always Playing with Paper said...

Cute card! Love those vibrant colours!

Linda Beeson said...

LOVE your card! Great use of the stamps and the CPS sketch.

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Darling card, Angela -- fun flower!

Whimsey said...

Adorable; love the bright colors, fabulous flower!!

Sam said...

Such a fun and cheerful card.

Kazan Clark said...

love that flower! Great card
Hugs
K