Friday, March 5, 2010

Yummy Gummy Bears


It's Friday!!!! Another week over and another week closer to Spring. Today I have an Easter project that goes along with the weekly challenge over at the JustRite Inspiration blog. The challenge today is to make a "Terrific Tags". This challenge was a big challenge for me. I didn't have a clue what I was going to do until I went to get groceries today. As I was walking through the Easter aisle, I spotted this jar of Gummy Bears. The lightbulb lit up in my head!! My oldest daughter Heather LOVES gummies so this was the perfect Easter gift for her. And what better way to personalize it than to grab my JustRite Curlz Font. These font sets come in 95 point, 50 point, and 25 point. For my tag, I used the 50 point font. Once it was stamped onto white cardstock, I diecut it with Spellbinders Labels 6 and matted it onto a blue mat diecut with Spellbinders Scallop Ovals.

My basket and bunny were made using my Cricut Expression along with the Doodlecharms cartridge. I added pink glitter to the bunny's ears and blue glitter onto the basket. I used Stickles for the blue part of the bunny eyes.
I added glitter along the edges of my diecut tag to "bling" it up a bit.
Of course, I couldn't leave the top of the jar blank. So I searched through my JustRite stamps and found this perfect stamp - Sweet Treats - is from the "What's Cookin' Borders & Centers" set. Each layer is diecut using Spellbinders Scallop Circle Nestabilities.

This is a look at the great stamps that are in this set

If you like this set, be sure to head over to the JustRite site. All 1 5/8" stamp sets are on sale the whole month of March. What better time to get them!!!!
Thanks for stopping in for a visit today. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Supplies:
Paper: DCWV
Ink: Brilliance Pearlescent Sky Blue

Accessories: Spellbinders Labels Six, Classic Ovals, Classic Circles & Scallop Circles, Cricut Expression, Doodlecharms cartridge, Martha Stewart Fence border punch, Cuttlebug Forest Branches embossing folder, misc ribbon, pink & blue glitter, waterfall Stickles

1 comment:

Kathy Jones said...

HOLY MOLY Angela!!!! You TOTALLY ROCK at all this off the page stuff!!! WOW - this is amazing and your daughter is going to FLIP when she sees it!!! :)