Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Golf Card

Good Morning everyone. Today I am playing along with the challenge over at the Crazy4Challenges blog. The challenge is to create a masculine card. As many of you may already realize, making a card for a man can sometimes be difficult. It's not like you can put lots of pretty ribbon or flowers on it. I also married into a family of golfers. So this card could be used for any of the golfers in my family.

I wish I could take the credit for this design, but I can't :(. A while back as I was surfing the blogs, I found this cute card and knew that I could use it at some point. So what I did was copy the photo and put it into a word document with some other photos. What I didn't do was write down the designers name!!! I would like to give credit to this person, so if anyone else has seen this card in blogland, could you post a comment on this post to let me know the name.



I really liked the saying on this card. It seems to fit for any of the men in my family **LOL**. To create this saying, I reached for my handy dandy JustRite font. These font sets are perfect to create a custom card like this. I don't think that you would find this saying on a stamp in your local stamp store.

The font that I chose is called "Brayton". This font is perfect for a masculine card because it is pretty basic, not curly or frilly. I used the 50 point size for the first letter of each word and 25 point size for the remaining letters. Once stamped, it is diecut using the Spellbinders Labels 7 dies.

Below is a photo of the back of my stamper with the font spelled out.

To make my golf balls, I punched out several 1" circles, embossed them with the Cuttlebug Tiny Bubbles embossing folder and then inked the edges.

Thanks for stopping in for a visit today. Have a great day!!!


Supplies:

Stamps: JustRite Stampers - Brayton Font Ensemble, large rectangular wood stamper

Paper: Worldwin

Ink: Versamagic Sahara Sand, Copic marker (E29)

Accessories: Spellbinders Labels Seven, SU 1" circle punch, Cuttlebug Tiny Bubbles embossing folder, gold eyelets, ribbon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a delightful card! The golfers I know would love it!
Judy