Monday, March 15, 2010

Paper Star

Happy Monday morning everyone. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Today I have a very simple project to share with you. My mom found the instructions for making this adorable star while surfing the internet. (Thanks Mom!!) If you would like to give this a try, you can find the instructions here.

My mom finds these projects, gives them to me and says "You can do this". I keep telling her that she could do them too. That's when she says that I can make one for her. However on this paper star she does want to learn how to make them. She knows that I have lots and lots and lots of paper so I will cut the strips for her and then show her how to make it.

For my star, I decided to use 2 different shades of purple. I'm sure that this would look beautiful with printed paper as long as it was double sided because the inside will show. To cover up where the ends met, I punched a 1" square, embossed it with Cuttlebug Textile embossing folder and adhered to the points.


The instruction sample didn't have anything in the center of the star, but I thought that it would dress it up a lot. So I grabbed my JustRite Stamps. Because these stamps sets can be mixed & matched, I chose a center from the "Friendship" borders & centers set and a border from the "Plant A Little Love" borders & centers set. Having this option makes the stamping possibilities endless.

The center and borders are diecut with Spellbinders Classic Circles & Scallop Circles Nestabilities. I added pop dots between the layers to lift it off the star.


Below are what each of these stamp sets look like. Lots and lots of possibilities!!!



Thanks for stopping in for a visit today. Have a great day!!!

Supplies:


Paper: DCWV

Ink: Brilliance Pearlescent Lavender, Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers (BV17, BV01, Y06, G07)

Accessories: Spellbinders Classic Circles & Scallop Circles Nestabilities, Cuttlebug Textile embossing folder, SU 1" square punch

1 comment:

Kathy Jones said...

WOW Angela!!! You are so, so good at all the off the page projects!!! This looks incredible!! :)