Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #76


This is the first time I have played along in Taylor's Sketch Challenge. I have always wanted to but just never got around to it. Now with this being a Taylor sketch, I knew that I needed to make a cupcake card so luckily I had the perfect image for my card.


My card base is Worldwin Lemon Yellow. Next I added a layer of Stemma Something Sweets Stripe paper. The next layer is a bright fuschia pink cardstock.


Next is a layer of DCWV green apple cardstock. On this layer, I pierced 2 rows across the top and bottom and then added a piece of ribbon that says "Make a Wish".


The next layer is also Worldwin Lemon Yellow cardstock that I ran through my Big Shot with the Cuttlebug Tiny Bubbles embossing folder.


My cupcake image is the 2 3/8" wood stamper with bonus Cupcake Center & 25 pt font set from JustRite Stampers. The image was diecut using Spellbinders Classic Circle Nestabilities. To make the cupcake paper, I applied Magenta & Yellow Stickles. Then I paper pieced the top portion of the cupcake to add dimension. The candle was cut using my Cricut Expression and the Stretch Your Imagination cartridge. I added orange stickles to the candle flame.


Each mat below the cupcake was diecut using the Spellbinders Petite Scallop Circle Nestabilities. I added popdots between each layer to give lots of dimension to my image.


This sketch has been a lot of fun and I look forward to playing along in future sketches.
Thanks for stopping in for a visit.


Supplies:


Stamps: JustRite Stampers - 2 3/8" wood stamper with bonus cupcake center & 25 pt font


Paper: Worldwin, DCWV, Stemma


Ink: Versamagic Pumpkin Spice


Accessories: Spellbinders Classic Circle & Petite Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Stickles, Cuttlebug Tiny Bubbles embossing folder, Cricut & Stretch Your Imagination cartridge, ribbon, Kaiser rhinestones, paper piercer,





1 comment:

Marge said...

Very pretty; sketches are great, aren't they! I'm trying to do more of them!