Tuesday, August 4, 2009

School Backpack


Before I begin my post for today, I just want to send out a reminder that I still have BLOG CANDY up for grabs. Check out this post. You have until Wednesday, August 5, 2009 @ 5 pm EST to enter.


Yesterday was a very busy day for me. I helped my daughter,her boyfriend, and my niece move into a new apartment. Carrying heavy furniture up stairs on a beautiful sunny day is just not much fun. But they are all moved in and settled so that is a good thing.





When I did finally get home and check out the Monday "Try a New Technique" on Splitcoast and saw these cute backpacks, I knew that I had to make one. The complete instructions are posted here on Splitcoaststampers. Very easy to follow instructions as well as templates to print out right from your printer. How much easier can that be.












For my backpack I chose this floral print from the DCWV Blossoms & Butterflies Stack just because it is very similar to the design that my 9 year old daughter picked out for her new backpack.


I printed my backpack onto the back of my floral paper and printed the front pocket & top flap onto bright pink cardstock. Then all that needs to be done is construction of the backpack and embellishments.


The little yellow flower in the bottom corner was cut out of my floral print scraps. The little butterfly was punched using an EK Success butterfly punch.


Before attaching the top flap, I decided to add my daughter's name to her backpack just like her actual school backpack. To do this, I chose the 50 pt Curlz Font Ensemble from JustRite Stampers . I stamped the name with Versamagic Jumbo Java. To add some sparkle to the backpack, I added Copper Stickles along the edges of each flap. I also added Magenta Stickles to the center of my yellow flower.

That's all there is to it. Very simple yet cute idea.


Thanks for stopping in for a visit.


Supplies:


Paper: DCWV Blossoms & Butterflies Stack, pink cardstock

Ink: Versamagic Jumbo Java

Accessories: Stickles - Magenta & Copper, misc ribbon, eyelets, EK Success butterfly punch


1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE IT!! I cannot wait to make one of my own! Thanks for sharing!