Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Memorial Day!!

Good morning everyone.  Happy Memorial Day.  I hope everyone takes some time today to thank a Service Person.  Without them we would not have the freedoms that we all enjoy and take for granted.  My grandfather served during World War II and lost one of his legs when he stepped onto a landmine.  He never let that stop anything he ever wanted to do.  He was a great man!!

Today I have a cute birthday card that I made for my father-in-law.  As I'm sure you can tell, he is a golfer!!


The card base is a step card that I found instructions for on Splitcoaststampers.  The golfer, golf clubs, flag, golf cart, and grass were all made using my Cricut and the Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge.

The sentiments are from JustRite Anchors Away stamp set.  The banner is diecut with JustRite Vintage Labels and Banners die and "Dad" is diecut using Spellbinders Labels Trio.

Along with the card I also made some date-nut bread as his gift.  He always says that I'm his "favorite" daughter-in-law when I make the date-nut bread.  Even though I'm his "only" daughter-in-law I still know that he appreciates this.  I lucked out when I married my husband because I got some awesome in-laws!!

Thanks for stopping in for a visit today.  I hope you have a great Memorial Day!!

Supplies:

Stamps:  JustRite Papercraft - Anchors Away

Dies:  JustRite Papercraft - Vintage Labels and Banners, Spellbinders Labels Trio

Other:  Cricut Expression, Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge

2 comments:

Margie Higuchi said...

What a fun card - love this! I'm sure he will too :)

Yvonne said...

Congrats onmaking it to the final round in the Spellbinders DT contest!
Hope we can meet in Arizona!
Hugs,
Yvonne