Monday, March 12, 2012

Paris Themed Candle

Good morning everyone.  Today the JustRite design team has some great projects using more of the new JustRite Background stamps.



I decided to create a beautiful candle using the JustRite Fleur De Lis Background stamp as my base.  To "stamp" on a candle simply stamp your image onto white tissue paper, cut it out, place it onto the candle, and then "melt" it into the candle using a heat embossing tool.  Once the candle is heated it works like a glue and the tissue paper sticks to the candle.  It's a great way to dress up any plain white candle.  Each of the white "dots" on the background are actually white head pins that I pressed into the candle.

After I applied the background stamp I stamped the lacey border from "Classic Scallop Borders One", diecut with Spellbinders Classic Scallop Edgeabilities and applied to the top edge of the candle.  Each of the black "dots" are also black head pins pressed into the candle.

Next I added the lacey ribbon and pearls along the bottom edge of the candle.  Next  I chose an image from the "Greeting From Paris" set, stamped and diecut with Spellbinders Labels 4.  To finish of my candle I added a pretty flower and bow.

Here are the stamp sets used to create my candle.




Here is a list of JustRite designers also using the JustRite Background stamps to create some pretty amazing projects.  Be sure to check them out.

JustRite Inspiration
Heidi Blankenship
Linda Duke
Kellie Fortin
Kazan Clark
Michele Kovack
Eva Dobilas
Angela Barkhouse **me**

Thanks for stopping in for a visit.  Be sure to check back tomorrow for a project using border stamps.

Supplies:

Stamps:  JustRite - Fleur de Lis Background, Classic Scallop Borders One, Greetings From Paris

Dies:  Spellbinders Labels 4, Classic Scallop Edgeabilities

4 comments:

Rea' said...

Another beautiful project, love these colors and the stamp you used.

Unknown said...

This is a stunning project. I love all the stamps you used.

Judy Inukai said...

Angela, That is stunningly awesome. The detail is just amazing. I love anything with a fleur de lis and that background stamp has quickly become one of my favorites. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration.

Jamie W. said...

This is absolutely fabulous!!!