Friday, February 18, 2011

Thinking Of You

Good morning everyone.  Today is Friday which means another great challenge over at JustRite Inspiration.  Today's challenge is to use the two-tone effect one stamping direct to rubber.  This means to use 2 different ink colors directly onto your stamp and then apply to paper.  I have done this on a few of my cards in the past by using my Memento Dew Drop ink pads but now it is even easier than ever to do.  JustRite is now selling Memento markers on their site!!!  How great is that.  JustRite is really becoming your one-stop shopping site - great stamps, full size Memento ink pads, Memento markers, Copic Markers, Spellbinders dies, and JustRite Custom Nested Dies.

or my card today I still had to use my Memento Dew Drop ink pads because I haven't gotten any of the Memento markers yet.  I chose a sentiment from the "Mother Nature's Gifts" set stamped with Memento Danube Blue as well as Memento Tuxedo Black.  The great part about this type of stamping is that you can choose specific words/sections that you want to "POP" off your card.  As you can see I highlighted the words "Spring", "Love", and "Joy".  Once my sentiment was stamped I diecut it with Spellbinders Labels 13.  I also used the Labels 13 to diecut a piece of Murdock Country Creations Deep Sea polished stone paper turned in the opposite direction to mat my sentiment onto.

The white lattice border beneath my sentiment was created with the Martha Stewart Garden Trellis border punch.  The large white card base was embossed with the Cuttlebug Victoria embossing folder and then I applied Memento Summer Sky ink with a sponge dauber (also sold over at JustRite) over the raised sections.  It really makes the design stand out really well.

Be sure to check out the JustRite blog as well as Michele Kovack's blog for more projects using this technique.

Thanks for stopping in for a visit today.  I hope you have a great weekend.

Supplies:


Paper:  Murdock Country Creations Deep Sea Polished Stone


Ink:  Memento Danube Blue, Memento Summer Sky, Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Martha Stewart Garden Trellis border punch, Cuttlebug Victoria embossing folder, sponge dauber

No comments: