Monday, May 31, 2010

Golfer Cake

Good morning everyone.  I hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend.  Mine has been very busy.  In my last post, I mentioned that I needed to make a cake for my father in law's 75th birthday.  He is an avid golfer so I knew it had to have a golf theme.  So I searched the internet and found a really cute golf cake.  I knew that I should be able to duplicate it - I just didn't realize how long it would take to do it!!  I think it came out really nice though.  Below is a photo of it:



I am not a professional cake decorator by any stretch of the imagination.  I just like to dabble in it for family events.  I had a very hard time finding cake decorations that were for golf.  I went to AC Moore and Michaels.  Finally I had decided that I would have to use stickers and "make it work".  Then I walked around the next corner and on a clearance aisle there was to golf decorations!!!   I was so excited.  The golf cart is a Jolee's sticker though just held up by a toothpick.

Everyone at the party thought it was really nice and that it tasted even better!!

Have a great day!!

1 comment:

Marge said...

Angela, that is just fantastic! I'm sure your FIL was sooo pleased that you went to so much trouble. How fun!!!