Saturday, March 13, 2010

Paper Cone

Good morning everyone. Today I am trying out these cute paper cones. Splitcoast had a great tutorial on how to make these this week. I have seen these on blogs and in galleries and have always wanted to try one. It was very simple to make. These would make great favors for weddings, showers, birthday parties, etc. And they are very inexpensive to make.

I am so happy that the snow is disappearing here in Maine. Now I can take my photos outside in the bright sunshine. The first photo was taken on the rock wall beside my house. It is a very old wall and is a great backdrop for photos.

The third photo was taken on a tree branch next to the rock wall. It is so pretty outside. I love taking photos in the bright sunshine.


For my tag, I chose the center from the Joyful Hearts Borders & Centers set by JustRite. This was stamped onto teal paper using Memento Rich Cocoa. The border is from the Preserves Borders & Centers set, also by JustRite. This is stamped onto ivory cardstock using Memento Rich Cocoa.

The handle was made using the Martha Stewart Arch Lattice border punch. Now there is a story behind my lace that I put around the top edge of my cone. This is the same lace that I used for my wedding almost 13 years ago!!! Talk about having stuff and not using it!! It was the perfect color for my paper cone though :)

Here is a look at the Joyful Hearts Borders & Centers set that I used for my tag. This set has some really nice sentiments. Notice that they are ovals. My tag was diecut into a circle. Don't let the stamp shape limit your imagination.

Thanks for stopping in for a visit today. Don't forget to "set your clocks ahead" tonight before you go to bed. It is Daylight Savings Time.
Supplies:


Paper: DCWV Linen Closet stack, ivory cardstock

Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa

Accessories: Spellbinders Classic Circles & Petite Scallop Circles Nestabilities, Martha Stewart Arch Lattice border punch, misc lace, cording, pop dots

No comments: