Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year & Happy Birthday Heather

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
I hope everyone didn't do too much celebrating last night. I usually have a hard time staying awake until midnight. I have never been a night person. For the last several years, my daughter Heather has text messaged me right at the stroke of midnight to remind me that it is her birthday.

Today marks the 21st birthday of my daughter Heather. Heather was the New Year's Day baby in 1989. There were several of us in the hospital at the same time awaiting the births of our babies. I just happened to "push" first. Right from the beginning she was going to be difficult. After several hours of labor she was finally born via C-Section at 2:33 p.m. on January 1st. My labor pains began around midnight New Year's Eve!!!

HAPPY 21ST BIRTHDAY HEATHER!!!!

I cannot believe that it has been 21 years since she was born. WOW, does time fly by fast. How is it possible that I am old enough to have a 21 year old daughter. She has grown into a very responsible adult. Going to college full time, making the dean's list, and working several jobs at the same time. Who would have thought that she would become a work-a-holic!!!

Today's project falls into many categories. First, it is a box with a birthday gift inside for Heather. I can't tell you what it is because she reads my blog and I won't be seeing her until tomorrow.

Second, it fits into Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply Challenge today which was to create a project using something NEW. My "new" is the box template by Lauren Meader. Lauren is realizing a dream come true by opening her own online store with her custom designed templates, stamps, and paper. She has an amazing talent. Be sure to check out her site My Time Made Easy for some amazing inspiration. The template that I used for my project is called "In A Pinch".


I printed the template onto orange cardstock, cut it out and put it together. I added pieces of Melon Twist Polished Stone paper (by Murdock Country Creations) around each side of my box.


To customize the box, I pulled out my JustRite stamps. The top portion of the sentiment "Guess What" is from the Celebrations Demi Phrases set. Then I used the Times Roman 15 point font for the bottom portion. The "21" is from the Times Roman 95 point font. These stamp sets make personalizing gifts so very easy. The center is diecut using Spellbinders Classic Circle Nestabilities and the border is diecut using Spellbinders Classic Circle & Scallop Circle Nestabilities.


Around the top of the box, I used the Martha Stewart Loops Border punch to dress the top up a bit.


The back of the box needed to be dressed up too. To do this, I pulled out more JustRite Stamps. This set is called "Birthday Wishes". I stamped the center on orange cardstock, diecut with Spellbinders Classic Circles. The border was stamped onto yellow cardstock and diecut using Spellbinders Scallop Circles.


I think this sentiment is perfect for someone hitting the big "21".
That's it for today. I hope everyone has a wonderful day. I also hope that 2010 is a happy & prosperous year for everyone.
Thanks for stopping in for a visit.
Supplies:


Paper: Worldwin, Murdock Country Creations (Melon Twist Polished Stone)

Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa

Accessories: My Time Made Easy - In A Pinch template, Spellbinders Classic Circle & Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Martha Stewart loops border punch, Orange Stickles, ribbon, pop dots

No comments: