Thursday, December 31, 2009

You Hold The Key To My Heart

Good Morning everyone. We are preparing for yet another snowstorm. This time they are predicting over 1 foot of snow!!! I guess I know what I will be doing on Friday.
Today I decided to begin working on Valentine's Day projects. I can't believe that Christmas is over and I am now thinking about Valentine's Day. That means that warmer temperatures are coming **yeah**
I used my Cricut Expression and the Tags, Bags, Boxes & More cartridge to cut out my heart box. I used the "fit to page" option which makes the box measure 6" tall by 4 1/2" wide by 1 1/2" deep.


Next I used the Spellbinders Classic Hearts & Scallop Hearts to create several layers, each with popdots in between which makes the sentiment pop right off the box. For the handle, I used the Celebrations Demi Phrases by JustRite Stampers to stamp "I love you because...".
My key was cut from gold cardstock using my Quickutz Key Die. I have not used my Quickutz for so long. This is the very first die system that I purchased. So when I needed a key for my projects, I dusted off the Quickutz and found the perfect key. The key is hung from the handle using fishing line (don't tell my husband that I "borrowed" some of his line).
My main sentiment is from the Romantic Sentiments set by JustRite Stampers. This stamp set has some wonderful phrases, perfect for Valentine's Day.



That's it for today. I hope everyone has a wonderful day. And if you are on the East Coast, STAY WARM & SAFE.
Supplies:
Paper: DCWV
Ink: Memories Cherry Red
Accessories: Spellbinders Classic Hearts & Scallop Hearts Nestabilities, Quickutz Key, Cricut Expression, Tags, Bags, Boxes & More cartridge, ribbon, popdots


2 comments:

AZ Grandma said...

This is dynamite. What a great project. THANKS

AZ Grandma

Anonymous said...

OMG, I love this box! I had no idea there was a heart box on TBBM....I really need to brush up on my cartridges :p Thanks for showing this!!
~Rachel in Sacramento