Friday, November 27, 2009

Mass Produced Christmas Tags

Happy Friday everyone. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know that I did. We had dinner at my house this year. Lots of family and lots of food = a good time. Of course everyone ate way too much so luckily Thanksgiving is only once a year.



Now that Thanksgiving is over, it is time to jump head first into Christmas. Today I am doing Black Friday shopping with my oldest daughter and my oldest niece. Should be an interesting day.



I did get a chance to play along with Sharon Johnson's Friday Challenge which is to "Mass Produce" a Christmas card. Since I don't have a need for lots of Christmas cards, I decided to mass produce Christmas tags.


The perfect combination of tools for mass production is Cricut Expression and JustRite Stamps.



These 2 photos show my tags that I cut using my Cricut Expression with the "Fill Page" option. This option is awesome. All I needed to do was choose my tag and size (which is 3"), click "fill page" and then cut. The Cricut figures out how many will fit on the page and cuts them out all at once. How much easier can it get!!!!

The top photo is the tag mat. The bottom photo is the actual tag.


After my tags were cut, I glued the white tag onto the red tag. Then to finish off the mass production, I loaded my small rectangular wood stamper with the 25 point Curlz Font and began stamping. Using JustRite Stamps for this purpose is great!!! Just need to load your wording once, and stamp as many times as you need. Very quick and easy.


Here is a closeup view of my tag. The Christmas stocking was actually cut out when the white tag was cut and then when I added the red mat, it makes the stocking stand right out. So cute!!!




Thanks for stopping in for a visit today. Have a great weekend!!!


Supplies:


Ink: Memories Cherry Red

Accessories: Cricut Expression with Christmas Cheer cartridge, gold cording

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How did you cut the stocking when you cut the tag? I haven't figured that out yet!!! They look great!!! ~KW