Saturday, October 10, 2009

TESC86 challenge



Today's card was inspired by Taylor's Friday Sketch Challenge. You can check it out be visiting Taylor's blog. You are going to find some amazing inspiration!!! Her sketch challenges offer a great starting point for when you are totally stumped on what to do. There are a lot of times that I start with a specific sketch and then go totally off on my own. Sketch challenges are a great way to jump start your inspiration MOJO.

This card I kept fairly simple. Basic red & white cardstock so that my Christmas Stocking will "POP" off of my page. The stocking is from Lockhart and is colored using Copic markers. I diecut the image using my Spellbinders Classic Oval Nestabilities and applied pop dots in between each layer to help the stocking jump off of my card.


You may notice that the toe of the stocking is not part of the oval. To do this, I first used a craft knife and cut around the toe and then placed my Spellbinders Oval under the cutout portion and put it through my Big Shot. I think it really gives the stamped image some extra personality.

I hope the photo helps explain how I did this.



My scalloped edge was created by using the SU Scallop Edge punch and punching 3 strips of paper and adhering them all together leaving just a little bit of the previous color showing.

To finish off the card, I added 3 buttons and applied Kaiser rhinestones to each center.

Thanks for stopping in for a visit today. I had a lot of fun creating this card so I am really glad that you took time out of your busy schedule to check it out.

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Supplies:

Stamps: Inkadinkado (sentiment), Lockhart Stamping Co. (stocking)

Paper: Worldwin

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers (G17, YG09, R29, R27, Y19, V15, V17)

Accessories: Spellbinders Classic Oval Nestabilities, SU Scallop Edge Punch, misc buttons, Kaiser rhinestones, pop dots, corner rounder

2 comments:

Ania said...

Hi
I am Ania , I am from Chile.
Nice card.
Bye

S0rry my English is very limited :)

Gwen said...

very cute Christmas card!! thanks for sharing your technique!