Tuesday, October 13, 2009

First Snow


Everyone check your calendars. Am I mistaken by thinking that it is ONLY October 13th. As you can tell by this photo, we had our first snow today. Granted it did not stay on the ground but still it was snowing!!! Look at the pretty colorful leaves on the trees. I have not even raked my leaves yet. I have not carried my firewood into the basement yet. I still need at least another month to get all of this done.


Anyway, I figured that since I would not be able to do my "chores" today because of the snow, I would create a snow themed card. As soon as I saw the Technique challenge on Splitcoaststampers yesterday, I knew that I wanted to give it a try.

Believe it or not, the only stamped portion on my card are the 2 snowmen and the sentiment. This paper is gorgeous!! It is called "Open Field" from Murdock Country Creations. I just added some glitter around the trees and grass to bling it up. My snowmen are stamped onto white cardstock, colored using Copic markers and handcut. I applied them to my card using popdots to make them "pop" off of the snow.

To create the "stand" for my card, I applied Duncan glitter snow along the bottom portion of the card and added some glitter.

My sentiment is from the Christmas Joy Borders & Centers set by JustRite Stampers. It is stamped onto white cardstock using Brilliance Pearlescent Ivy ink and then diecut using Spellbinders Labels 4. My silver snowflakes are punched with the EK Success kaleidopunch snowflake punch.

That's it for today. Thanks so much for stopping in for a visit. Be sure to check back tomorrow for more inspiration.

Supplies:

Stamps: JustRite Stampers - Christmas Joy Borders & Centers, Stampendous snowmen
Paper: Murdock Country Creations - Open Field, DCWV cardstock

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Brilliance Pearlescent Ivy, Copic markers (100, E11, E17, C3, R27, R17, YG09, YR16)

Accessories: Spellbinders Labels 4, Polymark Dimensional fabric paint, Duncan glitter snow, glitter glue, EK Success snowflake punch, pop dots, Pebbles, Inc pearlescent chalk

1 comment:

Deb (dcorder) said...

WOW! Just beautiful! (don't feel bad - we got our frist snow this year on the last day of Summer).