Friday, October 23, 2009

It's Hip To Be Square


Today's card is inspired by Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply Challenge today.

ssnotime110 - Feeling Square - Today's challenge has to do with shape -- squares. NO rounded corners on today's card -- so that means NO oval or circular punches or die cuts -- only square shapes. The card must be square, any size, as long as it's square and all layers added must have squared corners. Only your small embellishments can be round or oval -- so you can use buttons, brads, primas, etc. as embellishments, even though they may be round. So if you're feeling a little square, today is YOUR day!!! Have fun!!!

I didn't realize how difficult it would be to do a square themed card. I don't really have that many stamps so I wasn't sure if I was going to find something "square" but to my surprise I found this cute little square stamp by Kaiserstamp. I stamped it 3 times onto light blue cardstock using Brilliance Mediterranean Blue ink and punched them out using the postage stamp punch from McGill.

My card base is 5 3/4" x 5 3/4". The blue mat was created by cutting a light blue cardstock 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" and scoring it at 1/2" spaces. Then I had to trim each side a bit so that it fit over the yellow layer.

The yellow square borders were created using the Martha Stewart Checker Board Edge border punch. My "Thanks" sentiment is from SU.

So there you have it - my "square" card. I think I completed the challenge for today. Thanks for stopping in for a visit. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Supplies:

Stamps: Kaiserstamp, Stampin Up
Paper: Worldwin

Ink: Brilliance Mediterranean Blue

Accessories: McGill postage stamp punch, Martha Stewart Checker Board Edge punch, Scor-it

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Very cute and... square!!! Love the scoring lines! I must try that this weekend too!! Awesome job as usual! ~KW