Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Spring


Happy Tuesday everyone!!! The weather has been so nice here in Maine. It has been warm & sunny. I wish it could be like this all winter long, however Maine winters are not "warm & sunny". Maybe my wishful thinking was the thought behind my card today. My husband and I just planted lots and lots of perennials and I am looking forward to everything blooming in the Spring.




My card was inspired by this week's sketch challenge at CPS. Be sure to head on over and give it a try. Sketches are fun & easy ways to create cards.

My Iris image (Northwoods Rubber Stamps) is stamped onto Neenah white cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored using Copic Markers. The image and mats are diecut using Spellbinders Classic Circle & Classic Scallop Circle Nestabilities. Once my image was diecut, I chalked the white spaces using Pebbles Inc Pearlescent Chalk. Each layer is put together using pop dots to give my image some extra dimension.

My card base has layers of yellow & purple cardstock. The top purple layer was embossed using the Cuttlebug Textile embossing folder. To finish off the card, I added Kaiser Pearls to each corner of the card.

My sentiment "Thank You" is from the Laurel Set by Martha Stewart. It is stamped onto yellow cardstock using Versamagic Purple Hydrangea ink and diecut using Spellbinders Classic Scallop oval Nestabilities.

Thanks for stopping in for a visit today. I really appreciate your visits.

Supplies:

Stamps: Northwoods Rubber Stamps, Martha Stewart Laurel Set

Paper: Worldwin

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamagic Purple Hydrangea, Copic Markers (Y17, V04, V15, V17, G17, YG09, Colorless blender)

Accessories: Spellbinders Classic Circle & Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Spellbinders Classic Scallop Oval Nestabilities, Kaiser pearls, pop dots, Cuttlebug Textile embossing folder, SU Ticket Corner punch, Pebbles, Inc Pearlescent Chalk

No comments: