Saturday, September 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Ma

I made this card today for my grandmother's birthday. My grandmother and I are very close. She has got to be one of the nicest, sweetest people I have ever known. When I was a kid, I would spend every weekend at her house. On Saturday's we would go shopping with her two sisters. That must be where I learned my "need to shop". Now that I am an adult, I still remain very close to her. I even live next door to her so I can "keep an eye on her". Isn't it funny how the roles reverse as you get older.

As you can probably tell, my grandmothers favorite color is pink. I always try to make her cards in some shade of pink. She will keep this card forever along with everything else that I have ever made for her. She recently showed me a letter that I had written to her back when I was around 8 years old. I had written a sympathy letter to her because she had to have her beloved dog laid to rest. It was a very sad time in her life but I am glad that my letter brought her comfort.


This card is also based on Taylor's sketch challenge. I love sketch challenges because it made coming up with a card idea much easier. I really like this sketch because it is very simple looking which fits my grandmother perfect.

I used my Cuttlebug Textile embossing folder to emboss the white mat.


My sentiment was made using the Celebrations Demi Phrases from JustRite as well as the Curlz font and Times Roman 25 point font. The font sets are so perfect for making personalized cards. This helped me to write exactly what I wanted to say to my grandmother.

I diecut my sentiment using the Spellbinders Classic Circles & Scallop Circle Nestabilities. Each layer has popdots between them to give it lots of dimension.








Of course the ribbon had to be pink as well as the Kaiser rhinestones.

Thanks for stopping in for a visit. I hope everyone enjoys your long weekend. We will be doing some long overdue landscaping around our house.

Supplies:


Ink: Brilliance Pearlescent Orchid

Accessories: Spellbinders Classic Circles & Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Sweet Petites polka dot ribbon, Kaiser rhinestones, popdots, Cuttlebug Textile embossing folder

No comments: