Saturday, July 25, 2009

Welcome to my first post!!!






Welcome to my first blog post. After 2 years of reading everyone else's blogs, I have decided to create my own blog. I wonder if I really know what I have gotten myself into!!


For my first official post I chose this card. My card size is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". I added a layer of white cardstock and then another layer of black cardstock which I embossed with the Cuttlebug Textile Embossing Folder. This card uses the new Thinking of You Borders & Centers set from JustRite Stampers. I stamped the center image and the border image onto white cardstock using Brilliance Graphite Black ink. Then the images were diecut using Spellbinders Classic Oval Nestabilities. I then diecut a white mat using the Spellbinders Labels Four die. Each layer is pop dotted. Next I cut a strip of white paper using the Martha Stewart Arch Lattice border punch and added some polka dot ribbon along the top edge. Add some Kaiser white & black pearls and the card is done.

Well, there you have it. I am now official which means I had better get to work creating projects for my blog. I will have no excuses now.


Supplies

Stamps: JustRite Stampers - Thinking of You Borders & Centers Set

Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black
Spellbinders: Classic Ovals, Labels Four

Accessories: Martha Stewart Arch Lattice border punch, Kaiser pearls, misc ribbon, pop dots, Cuttlebug "Textile" embossing folder