Sunday, July 26, 2009

Disney Autograph Book


Our family went to Disneyworld in Orlando in March. We had so much fun. When we were planning our trip I shopped around for autograph books for my girls to take for all the characters to sign. All of the books that I found were either too expensive or too small. That's when I decided to make my own. I bought 2 index card booklets for the autographs. As each girl met a character they had them sign their booklets.

When we got home, I went to work creating the autograph books.

To create the covers, I cut 2 pieces of chipboard 6" x 6 1/2" and covered them with Something Sweet Stripes from Stemma. The castle, grass & title were all cut using my Cricut Expression and the Paper Dolls Dress Up Cartridge.


I had to determine how many pages I needed for each book and then I diecut the pages from Ivory cardstock using the AccuCut GrandeMARK Roller Die Cutting System along with the Album Tabs die. The pages measure approximately 6" x 6 1/2". I chose the designer paper for each page and adhered it to the cardstock. Each photo and autograph is matted onto corresponding polished stone paper.


For each tab, I stamped the name of the character that was in the picture. For this I used the JustRite Stampers Times Roman Font upper & lower case and then cut is out using the Stampin Up punch word window punch.










The final step is to take the Zutter Bind-it-all and some black wire and bind it all together.








My girls were very excited to see the completed books. Now they will have something to look back at to remember their very first Disney adventure.
Supplies:
Paper: Stemma - Something Sweet Stripes
DCWV - variety of stack packs
Ink: Versamagic
Accessories: Accucut GrandMARK Roller Die Cutting System with Album Tab die, Zutter Bind-it-all, Cricut Expression with Paper Dolls Dress Up cartridge, SU Word window punch,

1 comment:

Darlene S. said...

What a great job you did! Great idea too! Thanks!