Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Friend

Good morning everyone.  I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  My weekend was busy!  Saturday I participated in the MS Walk with my oldest daughter.  It was a beautiful day for a walk.  This walk has a special meaning for us because my mom was diagnosed with MS several years ago.  We have done the walk for the past 3 years.  We like to do our part in trying to find a cure for this horrible disease.

 Yesterday I went to a my daughter's college because she was invited into the Sigma Beta Delta Honor Society.  This was very exciting because in order to be part of this group a college student must be in the top 20% of the Junior, Senior class and also be invited by faculty officers.  She is doing so great in college.  We are very proud of her.

Now on to today's card.  I decided to use one of the new release sets by JustRite called "By The Sea".  Living in Maine we spend many days during the summer going to the coast.  I love going to the beach - however I am not much for swimming in the ocean - it is too cold for me.  Maine has a lot of beautiful lighthouses and some rocky coastline.  We love to walk along the rocks.
I stamped the image onto Neenah white cardstock, colored it with Copics and diecut with Spellbinders Ovals Nestabilities.  The blue mat behind the lighthouse is polished stone paper from Murdock Country Creations.  This paper comes in many different colors.  You can contact Kellie by going to her blog Polished To Perfection.

I added the rope borders on the sides of my card (made with Fiskars rope border punch) to match the rope border that I used from this stamp set.  And of course, no beach card would be complete without sea shells.

Here is a look at this really cute stamp set.  It is a must have!!!
Thanks for stopping in for a visit today.  Have a great day!

Supplies:

Stamps:  JustRite Stampers - By The Sea borders and centers

Paper:  Chatterbox, Worldwin, Murdock Country Creations polished stone

Ink:  Brilliance Mediterranean Blue, Memento Rich Cocoa, Copic Markers (Y08, B21, Y06, C3, R17, YG01, E13)

Accessories:  Spellbinders Ovals & Squares Nestabilities, Fiskars rope border punch, shells, twine

1 comment:

craftymom205 said...

Great card. I love lighthouses.