Saturday, April 3, 2010

Dad

Good morning everyone.  I think Spring/Summer is finally here.  Here in Maine the temperature could get to 80 degrees this weekend!!!  I love warm weather.  I will be having Easter dinner at my house on Sunday with my family.  My daughter will be home from college.  It should be fun with an Easter egg hunt, egg coloring, and a delicious ham dinner.

This year I am trying to plan ahead and have all of my cards done prior to needing them.  Usually I am making a card the day before I need it.  My card today is for my father-in-law.  His birthday is not until the end of May but at least I will be ready for it.

My cardstock is Worldwin and the stripe paper is from the Cloud 9 Cocoa Mint stack.  To create "DAD" first I used the Square Decorative Frame Borders from JustRite.  They are stamped onto cardstock with Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate ink, then added Ranger Clear Embossing powder, and heat embossed it.  Next I took the 95 point Brayton Font(JustRite) and stamped "DAD".  I used the Fiskars Rope Border punch to create the rope effect on the sides.

Here is a look at the complete Square Decorative Frame Borders set.

Thanks for stopping in for a visit today.  I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and a wonderful Easter.

Supplies:

Stamps:  JustRite Stampers - Square Decorative Frame Borders, 2" square wood stamper, Brayton Font Ensemble

Paper:  Cloud 9 Cocoa Mint Stack, Worldwin cardstock

Ink:  Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate

Accessories:  Spellbinders Square Nestabilities, Fiskars Rope Border punch, Ranger clear embossing powder

No comments: