Saturday, February 20, 2010

Watering Can with daisies

Good morning everyone. Today I am playing along with the sketch challenge 154 over at CPS. I really struggled with this sketch. I am trying to use more plain cardstock instead of printed paper which is a really difficult thing for me to do. I think that my card came out really pretty though.

My focal point is the watering can filled with beautiful daisies. This stamp comes in the "Autumn Blessings" Borders & Centers set by JustRite. It is a large oval stamp but the great thing about these stamps is their versatility. Just because the stamp is oval doesn't mean that it needs to be cut into an oval. I colored it with Copics and diecut it with Spellbinders Curved Rectangles. I matted it onto several layers of yellow and green cardstock.

My three little daisy circles on the side are also a stamp by JustRite. It is in the "Beautiful Blossoms" Borders & Centers set. I just stamped & colored the image and then used a 1" circle punch to punch out the part that I wanted.

My sentiment in the lower right hand corner comes from the "Seeds of Kindness" Borders & Centers set (JustRite). I think the sentiment fit perfectly with the beautiful daisies.

That's it for today. Thanks for stopping in for a visit today. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.


Supplies:

Stamps: JustRite Stampers - Autumn Blessings Borders & Centers, Beautiful Blossoms Borders & Centers, Seeds of Kindness Borders & Centers, 2 1/4" x 3 1/16" wood stamper, 1 5/8" wood stamper

Paper: DCWV

Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Copic Markers (C3, G14, Y06, YG03, YR04, Silver Spica)

Accessories: Spellbinders Curved Rectangles, SU 1" & 1 1/4" circle punches, SU 1 1/4" scallop punch, Cuttlebug Houndstooth embossing folder

No comments: