Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Birthday Lion

Good Morning everyone. Today I have a cute little birthday card. I saw a lion similar to this one made from SU punches one day while I was surfing blogs. I can't remember the site that I saw it on. If anyone happens to know who it is, please let me know so that I can give her credit. I am also playing along with the Technique Challenge from Monday at Splitcoaststampers.

I don't have a lot of SU punches but I do have Spellbinders dies so I adjusted my lion to what I had to work with.

Here are the lion details :

Mane - Spellbinders Classic Scallop Circle, small #3

Body - Spellbinders Standard Circle, Large #3

Face - Spellbinders Standard Petite, Large #2

Feet - Spellbinders Classic Oval, Large #1

tail tip - SU 1 1/4" scallop punch

tail - freehand cutting

Muzzle - SU 1/2" circle punch

Nose - SU 1/4" circle punch

eyes - small circle punch

ears - SU 1/4" circle punch

For my sentiment, I used Times Roman font set (25 pt & 50 pt) from JustRite. I wanted to use the larger font for the letter "R" to emphasize the sound that a lion makes. My border is from the Round Decorative Frame Borders (JustRite).

I think my little lion came out kinda cute. It is always a good idea to have extra birthday cards on hand. It seems that birthdays seem to creep up on me and then I have to scramble to get a card made.

Thanks for stopping in for a visit today. I hope you have a wonderful day!!

Supplies:

Stamps: JustRite Stampers - Times Roman Font Ensemble, Round Decorative Frame Borders, 2" wood stamper

Paper: DCWV, Worldwin

Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa

Accessories: Spellbinders Classic Circle Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Nestabilities, SU circle punches, Martha Stewart Picket Fence border punch, Pebbles Inc chalk

No comments: