Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Snowman candle



Isn't this little snowman just the cutest thing you have ever seen?? He is from the Old Fashioned Christmas Borders & Centers set by JustRite Stampers. These stamps are so versatile and now I can use them on things other than just paper. A friend of mine told me about this technique so I had to give it a try. All you do is stamp your image onto tissue paper using a dye ink, color it with copic markers, trim the tissue paper close to your image, lay it onto your candle, cover it with waxed paper, and heat it up using a heat gun. A word of caution - when stamping on the tissue paper, be sure to have something underneath it because the ink will go through the tissue paper onto your stamping surface.

I added 2 layers of gathered lace around the bottom of my candle and 1 layer across the top of my candle.

That's it!!! Now I can make personalized candles that look like I spent lots of money to buy.

Very simple and fast gift that is also very inexpensive.


Supplies:


Ink: Memories Cherry Red, Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers (G17, YR09, R27)

Accessories: Candle, misc lace, tissue paper, waxed paper

No comments: