Friday, September 11, 2009

Snowflake Penguin

Before I begin my post today, I would like to take this moment to remember all of the people lost during 9/11/01. I remember exactly where I was that day as I watched the TV reports of the terrorists attacks on our country. I was at work and thinking about my 1 year old daughter who was at daycare and my older daughter who was in school. I wanted to go get them and take them home where they would be safe. I kept thinking that these parents had also left their children that morning not knowing that they were never going to see them again. I just cannot even imagine the pain and suffering that happened to those families on that horrible day 8 years ago. I ask that everyone take a moment today and hug your family members because we never know if that will be the last time.
Now onto my card. Today I am playing along with the "Ways To Use It" challenge on Splitcoast stampers. The challenge was to use red, red & more red. I am not much of a "red" person except around Christmas time. I always associate red with Santa/Christmas. So today's card is not a Christmas card but close to it, it is a winter card.



This little penguin is so adorable. It is a paper line from Murdock Country Creations called Peppermint Penguins. I just cut him into a square and then matted him onto some polished stone paper (also from Murdock Country Creations) and white cardstock.






My stamped sentiment is from the Merry Little Christmas stamp set by JustRite Stampers. I stamped the image twice - once on Crimson Red cardstock and again on white cardstock. The snowflake was diecut using SU 1 1/4" scallop punch and the border was diecut using Spellbinders Classic Circle Nestabilities. The white scallop mat was cut using Spellbinders Scallop Circle Nestabilities.

To finish off my card, I added snowflake ribbon from American Crafts along the edge.



Thanks for stopping in for a visit today. My day is going to be busy. My name was drawn to be possibly chosen to sit on a court jury. I have always wanted to do this so I hope I get chosen today. I think it would be so interesting to be part of a jury.


I'll let you know what the outcome is.



GOD BLESS AMERICA


Supplies:


Stamps: JustRite Stampers - Merry Little Christmas, 1 5/8" wood stamper


Paper: Peppermint Penguins (Murdock Country Creations), Worldwin Crimson Red, Cosmo Cricket


Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black


Accessories: Spellbinders Classic Circles & Scallop Circle Nestabilites, SU scallop punch, American Crafts ribbon, popdots

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How adorable is this. I love the penguin paper. I have to get some of my own.