Monday, September 21, 2009

Fall Pinecones


Happy Monday everyone!!! I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. I spent part of my weekend digging potatoes from the garden. There is nothing like fresh potatoes!!! They are soooo YUMMY.


My card for today is inspired by Sharon Johnson's stamp simply challenge on Friday. This card fits into the challenge fairly well because it only took me about 10 minutes to put it all together. That's my idea of simple!!
Here are the details of the challenge:
CAS/BIO — So what’s THAT mean? Clean and Simple, Black Ink Only OR Brown Ink Only. So clean and simple in style, with only ONE ink, black or brown, and NO coloring. We’ve done something similar before, but this time we are adding in the clean and simple element as well and allowing either black or brown ink. ANY papers or embellishmemts are A-OK. The idea here is to keep our effort to a minimum by doing CAS and limiting inks and omitting coloring, but allowing our papers and embellishments to give our project the POP and pizzazz. Have fun with this one!


Sharon always has great challenges and this one was great for me because I didn't need to color!!! I am new to the coloring thing so I am still learning. As I always tell my kids - "Practice Makes Perfect". I just need lots more practice.


My focal image is a Pinecone stamp from Northwoods Rubber Stamps. I love pinecones. I think I must get that love from my grandmother. She also loves pinecones. Regardless of where I travel (Aruba, Florida or even here in Maine), I always look for pinecones to bring home to my collection. My husband just rolls his eyes when I gather more pinecones.


My image is stamped onto ivory cardstock with Memento Rich Cocoa and diecut using Spellbinders Large Classic Inverted Scallop Square Nestabilities. The mat was diecut using Spellbinders Classic Square Nestabilities.


The light tan layer was embossed using the Cuttlebug Forest Branches folder and then I added 3 score lines below using my Scor-Pal. The fence was cut using my Martha Stewart picket fence border punch.


My sentiment was stamped onto light tan cardstock with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and diecut using Spellbinders Double Ended tags and attached to my card with brown brads.


Thanks for stopping in for a visit today. I really enjoy visitors. To make sure you don't miss any of my posts, you can sign up to be a follower by clicking the link on the sidebar.


Supplies:

Stamps: Northwoods Rubber Stamps, Fiskars Just Between Friends

Paper: Worldwin Coffee Brown

Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa

Accessories: Spellbinders Classic Squares, Large Classic Inverted Scallop Squares, & Double Ended Tags, MS Picket Fence border punch, brads, Cuttlebug Forest Branches embossing folder

No comments: