Thursday, August 20, 2009

Cheer Up


I am not ready for summer to be over. I enjoy the warm weather and watching my flowers grow. My daughter always grows a "fort" of sunflowers in our garden to hide in but this year the sunflowers did not grow well at all. It may be due to the fact that we had rain almost every day in July!! So my card today is of sunflowers since I could not enjoy them outside.

I tried my hand at the "wiper card" that was focused on Splitcoaststampers. The instructions were very easy to follow and the video that Beate made was outstanding. I didn't have any trouble at all doing my card.

My card base is Worldwin Desert Dune as well as my fence which was made using the Martha Stewart Picket Fence border punch. My green mat is Antique Green polished stone from Murdock Country Creations. I diecut the yellow & tan mats using the Spellbinders Long Classic Scallop Rectangles.

My sunflower image is stamped onto Neenah white cardstock using Memento Rich Cocoa ink. Then I colored them using my Copic Markers. This image is diecut using the Spellbinders Long Classic Rectangles. I added Lavender Stickles to my purple flowers for extra bling.

For my "wiper" portion of the card I used the Tiny Words Set from JustRite Stampers. The image was stamped onto ivory cardstock using Versamagic Pumpkin Spice ink. I also added Lavender Stickles around the outer edge of my border. The mats were cut using SU circle punches.
For the 2 side panels, I added more of the Antique Green polished stone and then added purple cardstock which had been put through my Big Shot using the Cuttlebug Bloom Dots embossing folder. I added a few Prima flowers and more Lavender Stickles to add some dimension to my side panels.

Thanks for stopping in for a visit today. I hope everyone is enjoying the last days of summer.

Supplies:

Stamps: Anita's sunflower stamp, JustRite Stampers Tiny Words set

Paper: Worldwin Desert Dune, Murdock Country Creations Antique Green polished stone

Ink: Versamagic Pumpkin Spice, Memento Rich Cocoa, Copic markers (E29, Y19, V15, G24, E17, Y17, V12, blender pen)

Accessories: Spellbinders Long Classic & Scallop Rectangles, SU circle punches, Stickles, Prima flowers, Pebbles Inc chalk, pop dots, Cuttlebug Bloom Dots embossing folder, MS Picket Fence border punch,

No comments: