Friday, April 5, 2013

JustRite Papercraft April Release Day 5

Good morning everyone.  Welcome to the final day of the JustRite Papercraft April release.  Hasn't this release been AWESOME!!  The stamps just keep getting better and better with each new release.  It's so much fun playing with them!

Today there are 2 background stamps being showcased - Secret Garden Background and Damask Wallpaper Background.  I chose to use Damask Wallpaper Background on my project today.



I have been seeing these projects all over webland so I decided to give it a shot.  I love the outcome!!  To begin I cut hearts using my Cricut Expression and Cricut George cartridge.  To make the hearts "stand" a separate heart needs to be folded and used as a stand on the backs of the front heart.  Each of the smaller hearts are attached to a larger heart used as the base.   Once the hearts were cut I stamped the Damask Wallpaper Background using Memento Rose Bud onto the white hearts.


Now came the fun part - decorating!!  I am in love with the Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms die!!  I was a bit nervous to give it a try because I thought that it would be hard to make them look like real flowers - boy, was I wrong!!  Thanks to some tips from my good friend Eva Dobilas these Bitty Blossoms are super easy to create.  Once I created the flowers I added some glitter to the tops to give them some sparkle.


Next I needed to find an appropriate sentiment to add to my project.  As I was thumbing through the JustRite catalog I came across this sentiment from For All You Do Vintage Labels Three and thought that it was perfect!!  I stamped it with Memento Rose Bud and Bamboo Leaves then diecut using JustRite Vintage Labels Two.

To finish off my project I diecut 3 butterflies using Spellbinders Wonderful Wings (my other new favorite die!), added some black wire for antennas and some Kaiser Rhinestones for the butterfly trail.

Be sure to check out the other JustRite designers also showing some beautiful projects today using Damask Wallpaper Background and Secret Garden Background.


Thanks for stopping in for a visit today.  Have a great weekend!!

Project Recipe:



Ink:  Memento Dandelion, Rose Red, Bamboo Leaves

Accessories:  Cricut Expression with George cartridge (hearts), Martha Stewart Branch punch, Kaiser Rhinestones

1 comment:

Colorado Crafter said...

Could you possibly share the tips on using the Bitty Blossoms dies? After seeing the pretty blossoms on so many blogs, I finally bought the die set, but have been a bit a afraid to actually try them so any help would be appreciated! Your project is so pretty!! It looks like it would be fun to make.