Friday, January 21, 2011

JustRite Friday Challenge _047 "Love Is In The Air"

Good morning everyone.  Here in Maine we are having ANOTHER snowstorm.  School was cancelled today for the second time this week due to snow.  I am sooo ready for summer.  As I am typing this I am thinking of how long it will take me to shovel and snow blow today.  Wednesday it took me over 3 hours!!  Oh well, the pleasures of living in Maine - it could be worse.

Okay, now on to today's project.  The theme for today's challenge is "Love".   Valentine's Day is not too far away so I decided to make a Valentine's Day card for my husband.  I found this great tutorial for a sliding pop-up card on Splitcoast Stampers so I decided to give it a try.  It wasn't too difficult to follow, just need to pay close attention.

This first photo shows the card closed.  I made "myself" using my Cricut Expression along with the Paper Dolls Dress up cartridge.  The hearts are diecut using Spellbinders Classic Hearts and Classic Scallop Hearts.  The sentiment is from the "Happy Everything Mini Tag Kit", stamped with Memento Lady Bug and diecut with the JustRite Custom Nested Sentiment Dies.
This photo shows my card opened up and standing.  I just think this type of card is so adorable!  My sentiment frame on the pull out is from the JustRite Fancy Frames, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and diecut with the JustRite Custom Nested Frame Dies.  The sentiment is from the JustRite "Adorable Dragon - cling" set, stamped with Memento Lady Bug.  I used a R29 Copic marker to color borders within the frame.  The decorative pieces on each side of the frame are made using the same JustRite Custom Nested Sentiment die that I used on the "Happy Valentine's Day" image.

  This photo shows a side view of what the pop up looks like. 

Some of the other JustRite Designers will also be playing along with this challenge today.  Be sure to check them out.

JustRite Inspiration
Michele Kovack
Stephanie Kraft
Barb Schram

Thanks for stopping in for a visit today.  I hope you have a great weekend.

Supplies:

Stamps:  JustRite Stampers - Happy Everything Mini Tag Kit, Adorable Dragon - cling, Fancy Frames - cling

Dies:  JustRite Stampers - Custom Nested Frame Dies, Custom Nested Sentiment Dies, Spellbinders Classic Hearts, Classic Scallop Hearts

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Lady BugCopic Marker (R29)

Accessories:   Cricut Expression with Paper Dolls Dress up cartridge, score-tape, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, pop dots

4 comments:

Holly aka Toy said...

EEK!! How cute is this?! Love this cool concept card!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

So cute..my grandaughter would love it..Thanks for sharing .

Unknown said...

What a sweet Valentine's card for your DH, Angela! Love the cool slider!

Barbara Schram said...

What an adorable card, you executed the slider perfectly! Have a great day, Angela!