Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Teacher gifts

Good morning everyone.  Sorry I have been MIA for a while.  This time of the year is so hectic around here as I'm sure it is in every household!  I can't believe that Christmas is less than 2 weeks away.  I am not ready at all.  I used to have all of my Christmas shopping done and wrapped before Thanksgiving and now I don't even have my shopping done with only a few days left till Christmas.

One of the things on my to-do-list was to make teacher gifts for Emily to give out for Christmas.  I have 1/2 of them done which I am showing today.  I still have 4 more to do.  I like to give candles as gifts because almost everyone likes them.  I don't like to give just a "plain" candle so I came up with a cute little box to put them into.

I cut a piece of cardstock 6 1/2" x 6 1/2", scored each side at 2" and assembled the box.  The handle is a piece of cardstock 12" x 1". 
I added decorative paper on the sides of the boxes to match the candle colors.  The same paper was used around the candle as well as on the top of the candle.

Now I am off to try and finish the other boxes.  I will hopefully get them done and post more photos tomorrow.

Have a great day!!

No comments: