Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy Birthday

Good morning everyone and Happy Labor Day!!  Today I am playing along with the sketch challenge from last week on Splitcoast.  I have to admit, when I saw the sketch I was tempted to look someplace else for inspiration.  But before I did I checked out the gallery to see what everyone else had done with the sketch.  There were some really nice cards made using this sketch so I decided to give it a try.  I think it came out really nice (if I do say so myself :)

For my sentiment I chose to use the "All Occasions Nested Sentiments" set by JustRite.  This set has some really nice sentiments, perfect for cards (inside & out) as well as many scrapbook pages.  And for those of you that may not know this many of the Spellbinders Nestabilities are a PERFECT match for the JustRite Stamps.  It doesn't have to be just round or square anymore!!  For this card I used the Spellbinders Nestabilities Petite Oval to diecut my sentiment, the Scallop Petite Oval to diecut the peach mat and the Big Scallop Ovals to diecut the green mat.   Makes some really pretty matting!


For this card I also did something that I rarely do - I finished the inside of the card!!  I know that I can't be the only one that does this, right??  My inside sentiment comes from the "Cherish The Memories" stamp set and is diecut in the same manner as the front of the card.
Below is a look at the entire "Cherish The Memories" stamp set.  Many of these would be perfect for a scrapbook title.
And here is a look at the entire "All Occasions Nested Sentiments" stamp set.

Thanks for stopping in for a visit today.  Have a great day!!

Supplies: 


Paper:  K & Co, Worldwin


Accessories:  Spellbinders Nestabilities Petite Ovals, Petite Scallop Ovals, Big Scallop Ovals, Prima flowers, Kaiser pearls, chalk

No comments: