Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Memories Box

Good morning everyone.  Today I have an adorable box that I created.  I first saw a box similar to this on Selma's Stamping Corner.  As soon as I saw her box, I knew that I had to make my own.  She doesn't have a tutorial on how to make this but it can be done by looking at her blogpost.  I decided to make mine as a little "Memories" box.  The perfect senitment for this can be found in the "Cherish The Memories" stamp set by JustRite Stampers.  The border is from the "Baroque Nested Frames" set.  I added several layers along with some white mini rosettes.  Along the top edge and bottom edge I added a strip using the Martha Stewart Quilted Border Punch.  Then I added some white Kaiser pearls which I colored yellow with my Copic marker.

Each side has 2 drawer that open.  I'm thinking that these little drawers will be used for little treasures.  The drawer fronts were embossed using the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder.

I wanted to dress up each of the sides of my box.  That was when I decided to think of different words that could go along with my Memories theme.  That's when my JustRite font comes to my rescue.  I used the Times Roman 25 point font (JustRite) to create my words.  Each word is diecut with the Spellbinders Labels 4 and edged with a Copic marker.

Below is a look at all of the sides.

Side One
Side Two
Side Three
Side Four

That's it for today.  I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Supplies:

Paper:  DCWV Summer Dream Stack, DCWV cardstock

Ink:  Memento Danube Blue, Brilliance Pearlescent Sky Blue, Copic Marker (Y17)

Accessories:  Spellbinders Labels 4, Martha Stewart Quilted Border Punch, Kaiser Pearls, mini rosettes, brads, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder

3 comments:

Marge said...

Cute idea; darlng box!!!

cricaholic said...

That is REALLY NICE!!

craftymom205 said...

Love the box.