Friday, April 23, 2010

JustRite Challenge - Mother's Day

Happy Friday everyone.  I have a very busy weekend coming up.  Saturday I am participating in the MS Walk with my daughter.  She lives 2 hours away so I will be driving for a big part of Saturday.  Then on Monday I have to go back to my daughter's house because she is receiving an Honor Society award at college on Monday night.  Lots and Lots of driving but both days are well worth it.

Today's card is inspired by the Friday Challenge over at JustRite Inspiration.  The challenge is to create a Mother's Day card.  It doesn't seem possible that Mother's Day is right around the corner.  Where has this year gone!!  Soon it will be summer and my youngest daughter will be complaining because she is bored.
My card uses one of the JustRite new release sets that were just shown this week.  This set is called "Applique".  It was so much fun to color.  I stamped the image 3 times, colored them all the same with Copic markers and then handcut them out.


My sentiment was created using the JustRite Curlz Font ensemble.  Each word was stamped with Memento Bamboo Leaves and then diecut with Spellbinders Labels Trio.  I inked around each word with VersaMagic Purple Hydrangea.  The Kaiser pearls were also colored yellow with Copic markers.

Thanks for stopping in for a visit today.  Have a great weekend!!

Supplies:

Stamps:  JustRite Stampers - Applique Borders and Centers, Curlz Font Ensemble

Paper:  DCWV

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Bamboo Leaves, Versamagic Purple Hydrangea, Copic Markers (Y06, V09, V12, YG01, V06, G12, G00)

Accessories:  Spellbinders Tags Trio, Martha Stewart Arch Lattice border punch, Kaiser pearls, gold cording, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder

2 comments:

Marge said...

Pretty Mother's Day card, Angela! LOL -- I made my MIL's Mother's Day card for last week's challenge. If I get a chance to enter, I'll just have to do a flowery card. Good luck with your walk & all the driving.

Liz Weber said...

Hi Angela, love your card, love how you used the stamps and coloured them in so prettily!

Hope the weekend went well and congrats to your daughter.