Thursday, April 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom

My card today was made for my mom - her birthday was yesterday.  I couldn't post it yesterday because she reads my blog and I didn't want her to see it before I gave it to her.  My card inspiration came from the sketch challenge over at 2Sketches4You. 


At first I wasn't sure about the purple and yellow together but I think the color combination is really nice together.  My moms favorite color is purple so I knew that had to be the primary color.

For my sentiment, I chose a border & center set by JustRite called "Birthday Wishes".  I stamped it with Versamark, heat embossed with Adirondack Eggplant embossing powder and diecut with Spellbinders Classic Circle Nestabilities.  The dark purple mat was diecut with Spellbinders Labels One.  The light purple corner embellishments were created using Spellbinders Eyelets Pendants.

I used the Martha Stewart Arch Lattice border punch to create the "hanger" for my sentiment.  I added a narrow purple strip as well as some Kaiser pearls - really dresses it up.

Thanks for stopping in for a visit today.  Be sure to stop in tomorrow to see what I come up with for the JustRite Friday challenge.

Supplies:

Stamps:  JustRite Stampers - Birthday Wishes Borders & Centers, 2 3/8" wood stamper


Paper:  HOTP Lavender Butterflies, Bazzill


Accessories:  Spellbinders Classic Circles Nestabilities, Labels One, Eyelets Pendants, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, Adirondack Eggplant embossing powder, Martha Stewart Arch Lattice border punch, Kaiser pearls, Versamark watermark pad

4 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Pretty card! I LOVE yellow and purple together! Thanks for playing along with us at 2S4Y! :)

cnelson said...

Ohh soooo pretty!

Laura Davis said...

Great colors, very pretty!
Just filling in for Kazan while she is at her retreat!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Marge said...

Love the purple & yellow together & I'll be your Mom did too!!! ;-)