Tuesday, November 24, 2009

PTO Pie Sale

Good Morning everyone. Today I have a very simple project. My daughter's school is having a PTO pie sale today. The school always has this pie sale before Thanksgiving so that the community can help the school raise money at the same time that they are helping themselves by not having to bake pies for Thanksgiving dinner. Parents are asked to donate a homemade pie. I always sign up for this fundraiser because there are other fundraisers that I cannot take part in. I usually make Chocolate Cream Pie (because it is the easiest pie to make). After I finished the pie, I looked at it and thought it was WAY TOO PLAIN. I wanted to dress it up so that it would stand out among the other pies.
To do this, I grabbed my Autumn Blessings set by JustRite Stampers. This sentiment is perfect for Thanksgiving. It is stamped onto ivory cardstock and diecut using Spellbinders Labels Eight. I made a simple belly band for the pie, attached the sentiment and added a simple bow.


Here is a closeup of the sentiment. Very simple yet gets the point across. The best blessings are usually the simple ones.

I hope everyone will take time to count their blessings today. Sometimes we don't take time to slow down and realize how very fortunate we really are.

Thanks for stopping in for a visit today. I feel very blessed to have online blogging friends that come back day after day to check out my creations.

Supplies:

Stamps: JustRite Stampers - Autumn Blessings Borders & Centers

Ink: Versamagic Jumbo Java, Versamagic Pumpkin Spice

Accessories: Spellbinders Labels 8, misc ribbon

No comments: