Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Here Comes Santa!!!

Good morning everyone. Today I have a 3-D project to show you. I love to make 3-D projects, especially for Christmas. I don't know what I am going to make after Christmas is over. I thought of this after a trip to Michael's on Saturday. I saw a Sizzix sleigh die and thought "I can do that with my Cricut". So when I got home, I got to work.

I also found out about a cool blog called Just Buggin' that has Cricut challenges so I decided to enter my Santa & Sleigh. The challenge (Challenge # 11) is to create something using an animal Cricut cartridge. I think my "Rudolph" fits in to an animal.



All of the parts (sleigh, reindeer, Santa) are from the Cricut Paper Dolls Dressup cartridge. All of the presents are cut using the Tags, Bags, Boxes & More cartridge. The snowflakes on the sides are from the Accent Essentials cartridge.



I decided that the side of the sleigh needed a little something more so that was when I grabbed my JustRite Stamps and spelled out "North Pole" using my 50 point Culz Font. I stamped it onto white cardstock and then diecut it using the Spellbinders Labels Six.
For stability, I adhered my reindeer & sleigh onto pieces of chipboard and then covered the chipboard with pillow stuffing. It looks like Santa is gliding through a field of snow.
I am really happy with the way this turned out. I guess it was worth the hair-pulling late night hours. It will look really cute on my Christmas Table.
Thanks for stopping in for a visit today. I really appreciate it.
Supplies:
Stamps: JustRite Stampers - Curlz Font Ensemble
Paper: DCWV, scraps of printed paper
Ink: Memories Cherry Red
Accessories: Cricut Expression, Accent Essentials, Tags, Bags, Boxes & More, Paper Dolls Dressup cartridges, Spellbinders Labels Six, misc ribbon, tiny bells, Kaiser rhinestones, pop dots, stuffing, chipboard, wiggle eyes, red Stickles

16 comments:

Christine said...

I love this!!! I came by to see your JR blog hop post but had to stop at this. This would be perfect for this weeks challenge at Just Buggin (http://justbugginchallenges.blogspot.com/) but a new one starts tomorrow (Wednesday). Come and join us in our challenges some time!

Blessings,
Christine

Saxo Stamper said...

This is FANTASTIC - Wow, what a brilliant project and so beautifully done - it's amazing what you can make with a cricut.

Thanks for sharing it over at Just Buggin.

Best wishes
Karen
Just Buggin DT

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

wow! that is so cute!!!!! how creative to turn it into a box. thank you for joining us at just buggin!

Kathy said...

Wow - you did an awesome job!!! ~KW

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is totally worth the late night hair pulling! ;) All those added details just make this project pop - from the sleigh bells to his blinged out collar - this is gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at Just Buggin!

Kandi *JB DT*

Lynne said...

That is one of the cutest crafts I have seen!! This is awesome!!
Thanks for joining our challenges at Just Buggin' Challenges!!
Lynne JB DT

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

Wow, this is so much fun. I love what you have created!!

Christine said...

I'm glad you entered in our challenge. Your sleigh is so cute!!! Thanks for joining us at the Just Buggin' challenge.

Blessings,
Christine

Happy Mofe said...

Wow, you really did a great job on this. I love the 3D effect and you are right, your Rudolph fits right in. Thanks for joining the challenge at Just Buggin'

Dawn
Just Buggin' DT

Lori (THCEO) said...

WOW WOW WOW....I just absolutely LOVE this! Looks like a lot of work, but soooo worth it! I'd love to have this to display in my home!!! :)

shaZZa said...

Gosh, this is really cute!!!!

thescrapmaster said...

WOW this is amazing!!!
Hugs,
Samantha
Just Buggin'

McNeill's Dirty Dozen said...

This is so cute! Would you be willing to share how you made it 3d? Thanks!

Unknown said...

Saw your creation on the Cricut boards and had to come check out your blog. Congrats on winning with this one it is really GREAT! Would you possibly share your .cut file?

TY, have a great weekend.

- - Sheryl - - said...

so adorable! I have all those cartridges - I'll have to make a rendition perhaps.

Dr Sonia S V said...

It is so lovely
Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com