Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Blessings


Happy Hump Day everyone!!! Sorry that I have been MIA this week. It has been a very busy week around here. Fall in Maine means lots & lots & lots of leaves to rake. I think there are more leaves this year than ever. I am also painting my youngest daughters bedroom. She is 9 years old and was ready for a change. I took her to the paint store and she picked out her own color. It is a really pretty blue. It makes her room look a lot bigger. So in between all of this I was able to make a card today.

I am following a sketch that was posted on the Crazy4Challenges blog shown here. I've never done one of their challenges but this one really caught my eye.

My card base is 5" x 7". The white layer was embossed using the Cuttlebug D'vine Swirls embossing folder. My printed paper is from the DCWV Christmas Stack. I cut several Spellbinders scallop ovals for mats and used pop dots between each layer to give it lots of dimension. My sentiment is from the Christmas Joy Borders & Centers by JustRite Stampers. I added lots of Kaiser pearls to finish off my card.

Thanks for stopping in for a visit today. Hopefully I will get time to be creative and have something to show you tomorrow.

Supplies:

Stamps: JustRite Stampers - Christmas Joy Borders & Centers

Paper: DCWV Christmas Stack

Ink: Versamagic Aegean Blue

Accessories: Spellbinders Classic Ovals & Scallop Oval Nestabilities, Kaiser pearls, misc ribbon, Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls embossing folder, pop dots