Sunday, August 30, 2009

Froggie Composition Book

Today I decided that I needed a notebook to keep next to my laptop to write stuff down as I am surfing blogs. Have you ever started on one blog and ended up somewhere else and couldn't remember how you got there?? It happens to me all of the time. My solution to this is to write down blogs as well as the project that I want to remember as I find them so that I can return at a future time.

First I cut a piece of DCWV paper from the Grade School stack and adhered it to my notebook. The paper had 2 of the frogs along the bottom so I handcut one of the frogs and added him to the top.


I am using the "From The Desk Of" stamp by JustRite Stampers. It comes in a set of 3 (From the desk of, From the kitchen of, & From the library of). I cut the border in half and added letters from the small letter set (also from JustRite Stampers) to spell out my name. I loaded the stamp with 3 different ink colors (Versamagic Tea Leaves, Aegean Blue, & Sahara Sand). This was diecut using the Spellbinders Classic Circles. The center image is from the Tiny Words set by JustRite Stampers. This was cut using a SU circle punch. The blue & green mats are diecut using Spellbinders Labels Three.

To cover up the binding, I added some matching ribbon along the edge of the notebook.

Very simple gift idea for a teacher, secretary, or just one of your blogging friends.

Thanks for stopping in today. Be sure to check out the JustRite Stampers blog this week. I am going to be the guest blogger. I have some really nice gift ideas.

Supplies:

Stamps: JustRite Stampers - Library of/Desk of/Kitchen of Border set, Tiny Words Borders & Centers

Paper: DCWV Grade School stack, DCWV cardstock

Ink: Versamagic Tea Leaves, Sahara Sand, Aegean Blue

Accessories: Spellbinders Classic Circle Nestabilities, Spellbinders Labels Three, SU circle punch, misc ribbon, pop dots











No comments: