Saturday, August 22, 2009

Combination Challenges




Today I am combining 2 challenges - the first one is Taylors Sketch Challenge and the second is Sharon's Stamp Simply Challenge which is to use polka dots on my project. This card is very bright and cheerful. Perfect for that active little birthday girl.

I used my polka dot paper as inspiration for my color choices. The yellow cardstock was put through my Big Shot using the Cuttlebug Happy Birthday Embossing folder.

My stamped image is from the Friendship set by JustRite Stampers. The image was stamped onto Neenah white cardstock using Memento Black Tuxedo ink and colored using Copic markers. I also added yellow Stickles to the candles to give them a glowing affect. Then I diecut the image as well as the mat using the Spellbinders Labels Four Nestabilities.

The "Birthday Girl" sentiment is from the Birthday Wishes set by JustRite Stampers. It is stamped onto white cardstock using Versamagic Tea Leaves ink. This was diecut using the Spellbinders Classic Circles with a mat cut using the Petite Scallop Circle Nestabilities.

Before I adhered my images to my card, I added a strip of green polka dot ribbon as well as a bow. To add more polka dots, I punched a corner from my polka dot paper using the SU photo corner punch.

Thanks for stopping in for a visit today. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Supplies:

Stamps: JustRite Stampers - Friendship set, Birthday Wishes set

Paper: DCWV, Worldwin

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamagic Tea Leaves, Copic Markers (YG07, G12, G07, R05, Y00, Y19, B04)

Accessories: Spellbinders Classic Circles & Petite Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Spellbinders Labels Four, SU photo corner punch, Stickles(Lime Green, yellow), Cuttlebug Happy Birthday embossing folder, pop dots

No comments: