Thursday, August 6, 2009

Cheer Up


Today I am playing along with the Splitcoaststampers "Ways To Use It" challenge which is to use pleats on your project.


My card base is 5" wide x 6" tall and is cut from mauve cardstock. I ran the bottom portion through the Cuttlebug Textile embossing folder. I added a narrow strip of green cardstock topped with a strip of the Bo Bunny paper along the top edge of the embossed section.


I found the tutorial for the fan fold flower here - also on Splitcoaststampers. This site is just full of wonderful inspiration as well as great tutorials.



The fan fold flower is made from Bo Bunny paper and matted onto green DCWV cardstock that was diecut using the Spellbinders Classic Scallop Circle Nestabilities. I applied pink Kaiser rhinestones to each scallop. The center image is from the Tiny Words set by JustRite Stampers and diecut using the 1" SU circle punch. It is matted onto a 1 1/4" green circle.


Check out the wonderful dimension these fan fold flowers give to your card!!!

Thanks for stopping in for a visit.


Supplies:

Stamps: JustRite Stampers - Tiny Words Set, 1 3/16" wood stamper

Paper: Bo Bunny, DCWV

Ink: Brilliance Pearlescent Orchid

Accessories: Spellbinders Classic Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Kaiser rhinestones, Cuttlebug Textile embossing folder, pop dots, SU scallop border punch, SU 1" & 1 1/4" circle punches


2 comments:

Christa said...

This is so pretty! I've tried those fan fold flowers a few times and can't get them to lie flat, but I think I'm going to try again. I just have to make some cards like this!!

Marge said...

Very pretty, Angela! I had made some of these too, Sophia, & they are a bit hard to get them to lie flat. I ended up using a large glue dot to hold mine down. Beautiful results once you do though!!!