Friday, August 14, 2009

Birthday Scrapbook Page

As many of my friends know, I am more of a scrapbooker than a cardmaker. With that being said, I can't believe that this is the first scrapbook page that I have posted on my blog!! I guess I need to get busy and do more pages.




I wanted to play along with Taylor's Friday sketch challenge today but a card just would not come out of my brain!! I tried to come up with something for over an hour and it just didn't happen. That is when I thought of a scrapbook page. This page is an 8 x 8 page which is not my normal page size. I think it fit really well into the sketch challenge and who says that sketch's need to be just for cards.





My layout uses Worldwin Terrific Teal cardstock for the first 2 layers. This is a double sided cardstock which works well because you know that the colors are going to match each other. The next layer is from SEI Dill Blossom designer paper. This is also double sided so the designs work well together.

Across the bottom, I stamped flowers from the Fiskars "Just Between Friends" set and then added Kaiser pearls to the centers. I stamped "Birthday Girl" on Terrific Teal using Versamagic Night Sky and then cut it out using SU scallop circle punch. I also added Kaiser pearls to each petal. This is popdotted over my photo.

Be sure to check back here on Monday August 17 for the JustRite Stampers Christmas Blog Hop. There are several bloggers taking part in this and there will be lots of inspiration.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope to see you back on Monday.

Supplies:

Stamps: Fiskars "Just Between Friends"

Paper: SEI, Worldwin

Ink: Versamagic Night Sky

Accessories: SU Scallop punch, Kaiser pearls, misc ribbon, pop dots

2 comments:

The Scrap Pirate said...

Great job! I love to see the sketches turned to a scrapbook page.

Jennipher Lowery said...

Really sweet scrap page. Love that you used the sketch for a page instead of a card.