Friday, July 31, 2009

Thinking Of You


Today I am playing along with Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply Challenge which is to use lace in your project. These challenges are so much fun to play along with. Sharon really gets you thinking. Check it out here:


For this card I chose the center from the new Thinking of You set from JustRite Stampers. This set has lots of nice borders & centers that can be used for any occasion.


I stamped my image onto Neenah white cardstock using Memento Black Tuxedo. Then I colored the flowers with Copic Markers. I used the Spellbinders Labels Four to diecut the image as well as the blue mat. I think the Labels Four has become my favorite set. To add a bit of "pop" to my image, I chalked the edges with blue pearlescent chalk by Pepples, Inc. Each layer is adhered to the next using pop dots for extra dimension.
The bottom portion of my card has a layer of blue/brown polka dot paper from DCWV. Then I added my wide lace from Offray. To add a bit of color, I chose yellow polka dot ribbon to lay through the middle of my lace. The flowers are from Creative Impressions and I added some Kaiser pearls to the centers.
Now as I was looking at my "finished" card, the little voice in the back of my head (thanks Kellie) said to always do 1 more step. That is when I decided to add Kaiser rhinestones to the top and bottom edges of the lace.
Thanks for stopping in for a visit. Be sure to check back sometime over the weekend because I will be having blog candy to celebrate my first week as a blogger.
Supplies:


Stamps: JustRite Stampers - Thinking of You Borders & Centers, 2 1/4" x 3 1/16" wood stamper

Paper: DCWV Blossoms & Butterflies Stack, DCWV blue cardstock

Ink: Memento Black Tuxedo, copic markers (B02, B04, G09, Y08), Versamagic Ocean Depth

Accessories: Spellbinders Labels Four, Offray lace, Kaiser pearls & rhinestones, Pepples Inc chalk, Creative Impressions blossoms, pop dots, misc ribbon

No comments: