Sunday, January 4, 2015

Mom's Lilacs

Good morning everyone.  It's been a while since I've posted anything!  Today I'm playing along with the JustRite Papercraft January release.  Today's set holds a special meaning for me.  It's called Lilac Blossoms.  Lilacs were one of my mom's favorite flowers.  I have a lilac bush in my yard that comes from my great grandfather's old homestead.  I love lilacs and they smell amazing!!

I began my card by using Spellbinders 5 x 7 Reflective Moment die then I added lots and lots of purple pearls.

Next I stamped the larger Lilac Blossom stamp onto the matching Lilac Blossom SVG cut file (awesome!) and colored them using Copic markers.  This was placed onto a rectangle piece stamped using Script Background stamp.  To finish off my card I added a "Mom" tag in honor of my mom who passed away 1 year ago January 8th.  Every time I look at this card I will be reminded of her.

Here are the other JustRite designers also showing some beautiful projects today using Lilac Blossoms and Script Background.  Be sure to check them out!


ENABLER ALERT -   Notice the amazing sale going on at JustRite Papercraft this week - time to do some after-Christmas shopping!!


Thanks for stopping in for a visit today.  I'll be back tomorrow with another January release project.

Have a great day!

Supplies:

Stamps:  JustRite Papercraft - Lilac Blossoms, Script Background


SVG Cut Files - Lilac Blossoms

Misc - Copic markers

3 comments:

nattyboots said...

Aww your Mom would be so proud of you ,your card is just beautiful .x

Cynthia said...

This is a gorgeous card!

TracyM #6773 said...

STUNNING card Angela!!!
LOVE your luscious lilacs, ADORE your SPARKLING decorative layer, LOVE your purple pearls, LOVE IT ALL!!!
It is all the more special for having precious memories associated with these lovely flowers.