Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Bitty Blossom Candle

Good morning everyone.  Today I have another great candle to show you.  I love taking plain white candles and turning them into gorgeous home decor pieces.  With the JustRite background stamps it is easier than ever to decorate plain white candles.

To "stamp" onto a candle I chose the Grand Damask Background stamp from JustRite Papercraft.  I stamped the image onto white tissue paper using Memento Tuxedo Black.  Next I used a heat gun to "glue" the tissue paper onto the candle.  The heat gun actually melts the tissue paper into the candle making it appear that it is stamped directly onto the candle.   

To decorate the candle base, I used some white lace, gathered it with a needle and thread then tied it to the bottom of the candle.  I also used some tacky glue to keep the lace in place.

The flowers were made using the Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms die.  I am so loving this die.  I was very intimidated with the Bitty Blossoms die when I first got it.  Once I made a few of the flowers and got some tips from my friend Eva Dobilas, I was no longer intimidated.  It's very easy to use and the final results are gorgeous.  I've posted a mini step-by-step tutorial of using the Bitty Blossoms.  It can be seen here.  After the flowers were assembled I added some glitter to the tops to give some extra bling.

To finish it off, I added some pretty pink ribbon along the top edge of the candle.

Thanks for stopping in for a visit today.  I hope you have a great day!

Project recipe:

Stamps:  JustRite Papercraft - Grand Damask Background

Dies:  Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms

Ribbon:  Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black

2 comments:

Margie Higuchi said...

I'll have to give this a try - always wanted to do this! Such a beautiful project :)

Judy Inukai said...

Your candle is gorgeous. I've never tried an all over design. Thanks for the wonderful tutorial on using the bitty blossoms. They intimidate me too, but I think your tute will make it so much easier. Thanks for the great tip about using a glue gun.