Friday, April 1, 2011

Friends

Good morning everyone.  Happy April Fool's Day!!  Here in Maine today we are suppose to be getting up to 12" of snow!!!  I wish this was an April Fool's joke but unfortunately it's not.  I am so sick of snow - I looked at my flowerbeds yesterday and saw my peonies and lillies starting to peak up through the soil  - now they are going to turn around and hide!!

Today my card is based on the sketch last week over at Splitcoast.  I struggled with this sketch at first but I think it turned out nice in the end.

Thanks to the inspiration from my friend Kathy at Inspired to Stamp, I finally broke down and purchased the Martha Stewart Deco Fan border punch.  Kathy always has such awesome projects using this punch that I knew that I had to have it.

I applied purple Tulip Puffy Paint along the edges of the deco fan punch.  I also dusted off my lonely sewing machine and stitched around the edges of the light purple cardstock. 

The sentiment that I chose is from the JustRite  "Friendship Nested Sentiment" set, stamped with Memento Rose Bud and diecut with Spellbinders Labels 4.

**ENABLER ALERT**  Starting on Monday April 4 through Wednesday April 13, JustRite Stampers will begin introducing their April Releases.  I will have a project each of these days as well as some of the other JustRite design team members.  This release is awesome, you're not going to want to miss any day.

Thanks for stopping in for a visit.  I hope you have a great day and a great weekend.

Supplies:

StampsJustRite Stampers - Friendship Nested Sentiments

Ink:  Memento Grape Jelly, Memento Rose Bud

Dies:  Spellbinders Labels 4

Accessories:  Martha Stewart Deco Fan border punch, Tulip Puffy Paint, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, ribbon, sewing machine

No comments: