Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!  I hope that everyone has a special someone to celebrate with today.  I made my card today for my husband.  It is really difficult for me to create "men" cards - I like to make frilly girly cards but I think this one came out really nice.  I'm sure my hubby will like it.  I'm going to put it next to his coffee maker so that he will see it first thing in the morning as he is making his coffee.  I am very fortunate to have such a great supportive husband.  "I love you Mike".

I decided to use the sketch that was over at Splitcoast Stampers last Wednesday.  It is a fairly simple sketch, perfect for a "man card". My card also fits into the challenge over at Crazy 4 Challenges site - to use hearts on your card. 

I diecut the hearts using Spellbinders Classic Hearts as well as the Classic Scallop Hearts.  The white heart was then embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder.

My sentiment is from the "Happy Everything Mini Tag Kit".  This kit comes with 18 mini sentiments (perfect for every occasion), the dies to cut them out with, and the clear stamper.  It is truly a complete kit and is priced very reasonably.  My sentiment is diecut with the JustRite Custom Nested Frame Dies.  The white portion was diecut with Spellbinders Fancy Tags.
The bottom portion of the card has a layer embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder.  The heart border was created with the Martha Stewart Lace Hearts border punch.

Thanks for stopping in for a visit today.  I hope everyone has a day filled with "LOVE"!!

Supplies:

Stamps:  JustRite Stampers - Happy Everything Mini Tag Kit

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black

DiesJustRite Stampers Custom Nested Frames, Spellbinders Classic Hearts, Classic Scallop Hearts, Fancy Tags, Labels Trio

Accessories: Martha Stewart Lace Heart border punch, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, Kaiser pearls

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Love the textures on this card....it's gorgeous!

Thanks for Jitterbuggin'!