Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Purple Lilacs

Good morning everyone.  Today I am trying a new technique called "Crimped Diamond" that was demonstrated on Splitcoast.  I had never seen this done before but the effect is really cool and it was really easy to do.

I used some shiny purple paper to do the crimped portion.  I think  it really pops on the card.  The white diamond was embossed using the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder.  The lilac image (stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black) along with the border (stamped with Memento Grape Jelly) are from the "Thinking Of You" set (JustRite), colored with Copics and diecut with Spellbinders Deckled Edge Ovals.  I applied some Lavender Flower Soft to the lilacs to give it some dimension.  I've only had my Flowersoft products for a few days but I am LOVING it!!!


My sentiment is from the "Seeds Of Kindness" (JustRite), stamped with Memento Grape Jelly and diecut with Spellbinders Classic Circles & Petite Scallop Circles.  The butterfly is the Martha Stewart Classic Butterfly punch.

Be sure to stop in tomorrow for Week # 6 of the JustRite 12 Weeks Of Christmas Blog Hops.  It will be another amazing week.

Thanks for stopping in for a visit today.  Have a great day!

Supplies:

StampsJustRite Stampers - Thinking of You, Seeds of Kindness, Large Oval stamper, 1 5/8" clear stamper

Ink:  Memento Grape Jelly, Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers (G21, G24, B79, BV13)

Accessories:  Spellbinders Classic Circles, Petite Scallop Circles, Deckled Edge Ovals, Classic Scallop Ovals, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, Martha Stewart Classic Butterfly punch, Lavender Flowersoft, Kaiser rhinestones

3 comments:

Marge said...

WOW; I'll definitely have to try this -- very pretty!!!

JudyI, St. Louis MO said...

That is gorgeous! I love the lilacs and the flower soft adds a wonderful touch.

Luv 2 Create said...

Happened to notice this as I was following the blog hop above. Just wanted to say how stunning your crimping turned out on this card. Very clever.
Marcie